Monday, March 16, 2009

Art by George Perez (and Kerry Callen)

I was flipping through some of my childhood comics and was shocked to see a rectangle cut out of a page in Avengers #155!

I then realized I had used a coupon on the opposite side. I grew up in Rural Arkansas, so if I wanted any comics-related material, I had to mail off for it. Occasionally, cut my precious comics. I must have ordered Bring on the Bad Guys from this one.

I then noticed I had used a pen and colored pencils to draw on the page across from it.

I have absolutely no memory of doing this, but I know I always hated to lose any comic story to coupons. Voila.

4 comments:

Alex Whitington & Rob Turner said...

NeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrI love you.

Kerry Callen said...

Oh. It took me a minute, but I get it...

You started to yell NERD, but at the end you realized you actually LIKED what I did...

Kassie Beth said...

This is really impressive. How old were you??

Kerry Callen said...

15 or 16, I believe.